Yields: 4 servings
CAL 150 / FAT 8g
- 1 cup gluten-free bread, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup small diced yellow onions
- ½ cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1.5 t fresh chopped sage
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cups seasoned vegetable broth
- 4 oz. cooked and diced turkey sausage
- 2 T Earth Balance
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 400F.
- In a medium saucepot, add the Earth Balance, onions, sage, corn and the sausage, and cook slowly for 5 minutes with no color.
- In a medium bowl, add the bread, egg and half of the broth.
- Add the cooked items to the bread mixture and mix. Add more broth if necessary, the mixture should be moist, add the salt and pepper.
- In a small pan, coat with nonstick spray, add the stuffing and pack evenly. Bake covered for 25 minutes, then remove the cover for 10 minutes or until crusty on top.
Executive Chef Jason Graham 2009