Yields: 4 servings
Ingredients for 4:
- 12 grilled U-16 sustainable shrimp
- 6 oz dried barley
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 8 oz chopped mango
- 8 oz chopped papaya
- 8 oz chopped tomatoes
- 8 oz chopped blanched green asparagus
- 8 oz chopped English cucumber
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 table spoons chopped cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Peperoncino chili flakes to taste
- Rinse barley well, and then leave to soak overnight in cold water.
- The next day strain and rinse further the soaked parley.
- Cook the barley in boiling vegetable stock or water with a little salt for around 15-20 mins.
- Strain the barley and leave to cool on a tray.
- Combine all of the remaining ingredients together with the cooled barley in a large bowl and season to taste with salt and the peperocino chili flakes.
Note: shrimp can be replaced with grilled chicken, tofu, grilled salmon or another protein of your choice.