Jackie Keller of NutriFit
Serving size: 1 muffin
- 3 cups oat bran
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. NutriFit Certainly Cinnamon Salt Free Spice Blend
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- ½ cup fat free egg substitute
- ½ cup evaporated cane juice
- ½ cup honey
- 1 ¾ cups fat free milk
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. safflower oil
- In a large bowl, stir together oat bran, flour, Certainly Cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt and dates, until evenly mixed.
- In another bowl, beat egg substitute, with the evaporated cane juice, honey, milk, applesauce, oil, and vanilla until smoothly blended. Add milk mixture to bran mixture and stir just until dry ingredients are evenly moistened.
- Spoon batter into 18 paper lined muffin cups (cups will be full). Bake in a 400 degree oven until tops spring back when touched (20-25 minutes). Serve warm or cool.
% Fat Cal: 10.98%
Full story: Swap table sugar for healthier alternatives