Serves 2 | 25 minutes
- 2 slices (about 3/4 oz.) thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1/4 cup roasted red bell peppers, patted dry
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- About 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 whole-wheat pita bread, cut in half
- 2 hard-cooked large eggs, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup baby arugula
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Set a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet. Lay prosciutto on rack. Bake until crisp, about 20 minutes.
- Whirl bell peppers, yogurt, 1/4 tsp. kosher salt, and the pepper in a food processor until blended. Add more salt to taste to dressing if you like.
- Open pita halves carefully and coat each half with about 2 tbsp. dressing (reserve remaining dressing for another use).
- Divide eggs, avocado, and arugula between pita halves. Wedge a prosciutto slice inside each pocket.
PER HALF PITA: 263 Cal., 44% (116 cal.) from fat; 16 g protein; 13 g fat (3 g sat.); 23 g carbo (4.8 g fiber); 565 mg sodium; 194 mg chol.
Full story: Tasty, healthy breakfast sandwiches on-the-go