Modern Bite bakery
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons (or more) ice water
- Blend flour, sugar, and salt in food processor.
- Add butter and cut in, using on/off turns, until coarse meal forms.
- Add 3 tablespoons water.
- Using on/off turns, blend just until moist clumps form, adding more water by 1/2 tablespoonfuls if dough is dry.
- Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk.
- Wrap in plastic; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 13-inch round.
- Transfer to 9-inch deep-dish glass pie dish. Trim overhang to 1/2 inch. Fold overhang under; crimp edges decoratively.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- 1 cup golden brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pecan halves (about 9 1/2 ounces), toasted
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line pie crust with foil. Fill with dried beans or pie weights.
- Bake until crust edges begin to brown and crust is set, about 17 minutes.
- Remove foil and beans.
- Bake until golden brown, pressing with back of fork if crust bubbles, about 5 minutes longer.
- Transfer pie crust to rack. Maintain oven temperature.
- Whisk brown sugar, corn syrup, and melted butter in large bowl to blend. Whisk in eggs 1 at a time. Stir bourbon, salt, and then toasted pecans.
- Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Bake pie until edges puff and center is just set, about 50 minutes.
- Cool pie on rack at least 1 hour.
Full story: Ideas for a picture-perfect Oscar party