Corner Bakery Cafe
- 2 thin slices of multi grain bread (Corner Bakery usea Harvest Crisp Bread from its restaurant)
- 1 - 2 eggs or egg Whites (or substitute 3 oz. egg beaters)
- ½ teaspoon parmesan cheese
- 1 slice yellow cheddar cheese (halved - sub any sliced cheese)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 patty Chicken Apple Sausage or other sausage (sausage panini)
- 4-5 leaves spinach (veggie panini only)
- 1/8, sliced avocado (veggie panini only)
- Grill Harvest Crisp Bread on panini grill for one minute on each side.
- Season eggs with salt and pepper and scramble. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Place grilled bread on a cutting board and top with scrambled eggs. For the veggie panini, place the spinach on the bread first then top with hot eggs (will begin to wilt the spinach).
- Place the slices of cheddar cheese on top of the hot scrambled eggs.
- Place either sausage (sausage panini) or avocado slices (veggie panini) on top of the cheese.
- Top with the second slice of grilled bread and cut it in half.
- Serve it with your favorite brand of salsa.
Full story: Panini sandwiches that are tasty with less fat