Prep Time: 20 minutes
Assembly Time: 5 minutes
Recipe is for 4 appetizer salads or 2 entrée portions
- 2 cups cooked Safeway Mini Farfalle Pasta
- 2 cups O "Organics™ Baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup Safeway Tomatoes Diced Italian Style; drained of juice
- 1 red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed and cut into strips
- 1 cup Safeway black-eyed peas, defrosted
- 3 tablespoon green onion, cut thin
- 1/4 cup Pantry Essentials™ Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add farfalle pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender; drain and rinse with cool water until chilled.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chilled pasta, spinach, diced tomatoes, red pepper strips, black-eyed peas and green onions; add vinaigrette and mix well.
- Transfer to serving bowl; and top with crumbled feta cheese.
Nutrition Tip: Fresh spinach and bell peppers are great sources of vitamins and iron.
Recipe from Safeway/Vons Executive Chef Jeff Anderson
Full story: Tips for eating healthy with less money