Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5-10 minutes
Recipe is for 4 lunch/dinner portions
- 2 cans Safeway chunk in water tuna
- 1/2 cup Lucerne® Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile in adobo, chopped
- 4 slices Safeway Kitchens™ whole wheat bread
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 to 10 spears romaine lettuce
- 8 tomato slices
- Open tuna and drain liquid. Transfer to a mixing bowl, and add yogurt and chipotle pepper; mix well.
- To prepare the sandwich, toast whole wheat bread.
- Place 1 slice of Monterey Jack cheese onto the toasted whole wheat bread, add 2 spears of romaine, scoop 1/4 cup of tuna salad onto the romaine, and top with 2 slices of tomato. Enjoy!
Note: To prepare this as a melt, heat broiler, build sandwich with the Monterey Jack cheese on top of the tomato slices. Put under broiler and heat until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Tip: Tuna is a great source of protein. Greek Yogurt and Monterey Jack cheese add calcium to the meal.
Recipe from Safeway/Vons Executive Chef Jeff Anderson
Full story: Tips for eating healthy with less money