Recipe from the Denise Vivaldo Group
Makes 12 popovers
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted, plus extra for greasing pans
- 8 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups milk, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a two 6-count large muffin tins with butter.
- Place muffin tin in oven while preparing batter.
- Place eggs, milk and melted butter in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in pumpkin puree, 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese and salt.
- Add flour and beat to combine.
- Remove muffin tin from oven. Fill compartments halfway with batter. Sprinkle tops lightly with remaining parmesan.
- Immediately return muffin tin to oven and bake until well browned and puffed, about 35-40 minutes.
- Use a small knife to make a slit in the top of each popover to release steam. Return to oven and turn off heat. Let sit in the warm oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Remove from muffin tins immediately using a small spatula.
- Serve hot.
Full story: Pumpkin dishes that go beyond just pie
Recipe: Roasted Pumpkin Soup
Recipe: Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pie Cookies