Recipe from Chef Anthony Jacquet of The Whisper Restaurant and Lounge
- 1 kabocha squash, roasted
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3oz butter
- 2oz honey
- Mix all dry spice ingredients and set aside.
- Meanwhile, slowly melt butter and honey in pan.
- Add "mole" spice and stir to make a sauce.
- Add squash and toss thoroughly. When warmed through, lay squash on plate and pour sauce.
- Garnish with arugula leaves.
Full story: Vegetarian, vegan sides for Thanksgiving
Recipe: Farro Salad with Fall Vegetables
Recipe: Kale and Apple Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette