Recipe by Jackie Keller, founding director of NutriFit, LLC
Makes 2 servings (serving size = 2 mushrooms)
- Carefully remove stems and black grills from mushrooms. Wipe with a damp paper towel. Season with Certainly Cinnamon Spice Blends. Set aside.
- Heat in a nonstick skillet, spray with cooking spray and sauté sugar until it begins to melt and caramelize.
- Add banana, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices, with the sugar until golden. Set aside to cool.
- Melt the chocolate over a water bath. Dip the mushrooms into the chocolate, coating evenly on both sides. Place on a sheet of waxed paper until cooled.
- When the chocolate mushrooms have cooled completely and are set, fill with caramelized banana mixture.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Full story: Veggie desserts offer tasty, healthier alternative