Recipe by Chef Cybele Pascal, 'Allergy-Free and Easy Cooking'
- 4 large mushrooms
- 8 ounces gluten-free linguine
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoons finely minced or grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons coconut amino acids
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha or Thai Chile Sauce
- 1/3 cup smooth SunButter
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 green onions, white and green parts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled, quartered, and diced, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic, ginger, coconut amino acids, oil, sugar, vinegar, and chile sauce. Mix well. Add the SunButter, chicken broth, and salt, and stir until smooth.
- Drain the pasta and combine with the sauce, tossing to coat. Mix in the green onions, cilantro, and 1/4 cup sunflower seeds.
- Serve garnished with the diced cucumber and a sprinkling of sunflower seeds.
Full story: Allergen-free recipes for Chinese New Year