Recipe by Gaby Dalkin, chef and author of Absolutely Avocados
Avocado in a smoothie? Why not? This smoothie, packed with superfoods left and right, also is super-creamy because of the addition of avocado. It's the perfect grab-and-go breakfast when you're on the move.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
- 1 Hass avocado
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 15 mint leaves, picked from the stem
- 1 1/2 cups organic orange juice
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries (optional)
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin, and place the avocado flesh in a blender.
- Add the frozen blueberries, fresh blueberries, mint, orange juice, yogurt, agave nectar and raspberries to the blender. Blend the ingredients together for 1 to 2 minutes until completely smooth.
- Add more orange juice if the consistency is too thick, or more frozen blueberries if you want a slushier texture. Serve immediately.
Full story: Chef uses avocadoes for cookies, smoothies