Recipe from: Roma-therapy (http://www.roma-therapy.com/)
This super simple appetizer is sweet and savory and hard to resist.
- 2 sheets Pepperidge FarmŽ puff pastry, thawed and unfolded
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 egg, beaten
- Maldon salt
- Black pepper
Full story: Fresh ways to prepare all types of tomatoes
More: Lemon Boy Tomatoes with Seared Shrimp Recipe
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place puff pastry on a floured work surface and use a 2-3 inch round cookie cutter to cut out 2 pastry circles for each tomato. You may have to try a few different size cutters to get the right size depending on your tomatoes.
- Brush edge of a pastry round with water, then place a tomato in center. Top tomato with a second pastry round and gently pinch edges of both rounds together to ensure a good seal (if edges are not well sealed, your tomato might push its way out as it heats up). Repeat with remaining tomatoes.
- Lightly brush each puff with beaten egg and sprinkle with Maldon salt and pepper. Bake for 12-15 minutes until well puffed and golden.
- Remove from oven. Let cool 5-7 minutes before eating. Tomatoes are very hot.
- Place on a platter and serve with curried tomato jam on the side.