Recipe provided by chef instructor Chanel Martinez of Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Los Angeles
- 1 - 15 oz. can great northern beans
- 8 oz. pasta
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Sweat (cook over low heat) the onion, cayenne, black pepper and garlic together in the olive oil.
- Add in the flour.
- Add in the milk and water.
- Add in the beans.
- Blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve over the cooked pasta.
Full story: Chef shows easy ways to use nutritious beans