Recipe provided by chef instructor Chanel Martinez of Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Los Angeles
- 1 1/2 cups red lentils, cooked for 10 to 20 minutes, or according to package instructions
- 1 medium fennel bulb, thinly shaved
- 2 oranges, peeled and cut into rounds
- 2 fresh asparagus, blanched, shocked and cut into 2" lengths
- 2 cups assorted lettuces, washed and torn into pieces
- Vinaigrette of choice
*Optional: shredded rotisserie chicken
- Arrange shaved fennel bulb, orange rounds, asparagus pieces and lentils over torn lettuces.
- Lightly dress with vinaigrette of your choice.
Full story: Chef shows easy ways to use nutritious beans