Recipe provided by Loteria Grill. (Yields: 16 tacos)
- 1.75 lbs shrimp cleaned and chopped into .5-inch pieces
- 11 oz. fresh tomatillo, husks removed and cleaned
- 2 fresh serrano chilis
- 1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 white onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water
- Corn tortillas
- 1 fresh avocado
- 1/3 cup double cream or Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion with cilantro
Instructions for fresh tomatillo salsa:
- Cut cleaned tomatillow in half.
- Place tomatillos, chiles, cilantro, garlic, onion, water and salt in blender.
- Blend to make salsa.
- Taste to check seasoning.
To prepare tacos:
- Divide Shrimp and salsa in four parts.
- Heat a frying pan with a little oil until hot.
- Add a teaspoon of finely chopped onion.
- Add shrimp and sauté until shrimp starts turning white.
- Add a fourth of the Tomatillo Salsa and cook for a further minute.
- Place prepared shrimp in a covered bowl and continue preparing the rest of the batches.
To finish tacos:
- Warm tortilla and place prepared shrimp in each taco.
- Finish with a slice of fresh avocado, a drizzle of double cream and chopped onion and cilantro.
Full story: Salad as a main course meal takes just the right ingredients