Recipe by Chef Tracy Griffith, featured in the cookbook Stealth Health Lunches Kids Love
Makes 2 6-inch quesadillas
You can hide five veggies under the double cheese yumness that is as sly as Felix himself.
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1/3 cup fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, coarse shredded
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 4 6-inch gluten-free tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup Green Slime (See recipe)
- Mix the two cheeses.
- Combine the broth, the wine and the vinegar in the slow cooker pot.
- Lay 2 tortillas on a workspace. Sprinkle half the cheese evenly over both tortillas. Sprinkle even amounts of veggies over cheese on both tortillas. Sprinkle the remainder of the cheese over the veggies over both tortillas.
- Top with other 2 tortillas. Now your two quesadillas are ready to get melted.
- In a large skillet, heat the butter over medium heat until melted and place the quesadillas one at a time in the butter. Press quesadillas with a smaller skillet on top. Let quesadilla melt for about 4 minutes. Flip over and repeat on the other side.
- Remove to cutting board while you repeat the same process for other quesadilla. Cut quesadillas into quarters and serve immediately or let cool, then wrap in parchment paper then plastic wrap.
- Loyal sidekicks are Bunny Nibbles, Scooby Do's (See cookbook). Serve with Green Slime, corn chips and your favorite salsa.