Recipe by Chef Tracy Griffith, featured in the cookbook Stealth Health Lunches Kids Love
Makes about 1.5 cups
Avocadoes pack more than 25 essential nutrients and the tiny kick of the jalapeno slyly adds almost 10 percent of the required DV of Vitamin C. Use as a healthier alternative to mayo or a delicious dip for after-school veggie sticks and whole grain crackers. Slip the Slime to your kids!
- 2 ripe avocadoes, pitted and skinned
- 1/4 cup sour cream or plain yogurt (for more tang)
- 3 tablespoons chopped basil (6-7 leaves) or cilantro (2-3 sprigs,leaves only)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded, minced (optional)
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Mix the two cheeses.
- Puree all ingredients in a blender or mini-food processor until smooth.
- Add water to thin, if needed.