Recipe by Debbie Adler, author of Sweet Debbie's Organic Treats: Allergy-free & Vegan Recipes from the Famous Los Angeles Bakery, www.sweetdebbiesorganiccupcakes.com
Makes about 13 macaroons
- 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line a 15 x 13 cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the shredded coconut, flour, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Make a well in the middle
- Add the pumpkin puree, coconut milk, syrup and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Carve out portions of the macaroon dough with a 2-inch ice cream scoop and place on the prepared cookie sheet. Dip the utensil in water in between scoops.
- Bake for 21-22 minutes or until just lightly browned. Rotate the cookies sheet halfway through baking.
- Remove the cookie sheet from oven and let cool on a cooling rack.
Full story: Halloween treats for kids with food allergies