Recipe by chef Katie Chin
- 8 ounces (1/2 box) spaghetti or linguine
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 3/4 cup snow peas, blanched and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, julienned
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- Prepare noodles according to package directions. Rinse, drain and set aside.
- Toss the chicken pieces with the cornstarch, salt and white pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil and swirl to coat. Add garlic and stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the chicken and stir-fry until it turns white.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Add the red pepper and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the bean sprouts, snow peas and carrots and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, white pepper and sugar and stir-fry until blended, about 1 minute. Add the reserve noodles and toss until coated. Transfer to a platter and serve immediately.