You've Got To See This!
Germany's favorite polar bear celebrates bday
BERLIN (KABC) -- It was a festive day in Berlin as one of the city's most famous furry residents celebrated his birthday.
Knut, Germany's favorite polar bear, turned 4 years old Sunday.
In honor of his birthday, Knut got a cake shaped like the number four. The treat sat on top of his present: a bucket of fish and meat.
Knut was raised at the Berlin Zoo after his mother rejected him and his brother, who died shortly after their birth.
Knut is incredibly popular and everything from toys to mugs to T-shirts bears his image.
animal news, you've got to see this!
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Deputies shoot, kill armed man during fight 22 min ago
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Deaf Yorkie held for ransom is back home
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1 in OT of Game 3
- OTRC: Kelly Rowland in talks to be 'X Factor' judge
- Local soldier killed on 1st Afghanistan tour
46 min ago