Los Angeles News
Man stabbed during fight at Venice Beach
VENICE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Authorities were searching for suspects after a stabbing at the weekly Venice Beach Drum Circle.
The incident happened Sunday night during a drum circle on the boardwalk on Ocean Front Walk and Breeze Avenue.
The victim, a man in his early 20s, was in the group playing drums when a crowd of onlookers gathered.
According to police, the victim was stabbed twice in the chest after some kind of fight broke out. He was listed in stable condition on Monday.
It was unknown what kind of object was used during the stabbing. Police said they don't know if the attack was gang related.
Officials said the assault is similar to one last week when onlookers not part of the drum circle caused trouble and someone was stabbed.
Anyone with information was asked to call police at (310) 482-6334.
City News Service contributed to this report.
stabbing, venice beach, los angeles news
- Wrong-way driver causes 8-car pileup on 14 Fwy
- South LA chase ends with crash, standoff
- Passenger rants about poison, CIA on plane
- West Hills murder suspect caught in motel room
- 911 caller in Pasadena shooting pleads guilty 26 min ago
- Motorcycle fleeing police crashes; 2 dead
- IE man dies after being crushed by cows
- Dog goes missing from Norco grooming shop
- Jimmy Hoffa search: FBI looks at MI field
- abcnews: Victim's grandson welcomes release of killer
- G8 meeting: Divisions over Syrian civil war
- Jackson trial: Former record exec testifies
- Jay-Z's new album 'Magna Carta Holy Grail'
- OTRC: 'Girl Meets World' getting full series
- 'Monsters U' is very funny - Billy Crystal
59 min ago