Los Angeles News
Man stabbed during fight at Venice Beach
VENICE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Authorities were searching for suspects after a stabbing at the weekly Venice Beach Drum Circle.
The incident happened Sunday night during a drum circle on the boardwalk on Ocean Front Walk and Breeze Avenue.
The victim, a man in his early 20s, was in the group playing drums when a crowd of onlookers gathered.
According to police, the victim was stabbed twice in the chest after some kind of fight broke out. He was listed in stable condition on Monday.
It was unknown what kind of object was used during the stabbing. Police said they don't know if the attack was gang related.
Officials said the assault is similar to one last week when onlookers not part of the drum circle caused trouble and someone was stabbed.
Anyone with information was asked to call police at (310) 482-6334.
City News Service contributed to this report.
stabbing, venice beach, los angeles news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour