Inland Empire News
Ontario trash can remains identified; suspect's children arrested
ONTARIO, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was identified as the dismembered body discovered in a trash can pushed by a woman in Ontario Sunday.
Diamond Bar resident Samuel Wiggins Jr., 63, was identified as the man, Ontario police said Wednesday night.
Ontario detectives had searched the residence of Wiggins Tuesday night on the 23700 block of Meadow Fall Drive in Diamond Bar.
On Wednesday investigators searched a residence on the 6000 block of Foster Bridge Rd. in Bell Gardens. Police found additional body parts in two large flower pots, according to the Ontario department.
The San Bernardino County Coroner found that body parts found in the trash can Sunday and at the Bell Gardens residence Wednesday belonged to Wiggins.
Police said the entire body of Wiggins had been recovered.
Wiggins had been reported missing on May 1 to the L.A. County Sheriff's Dept.
Carmen Montenegro, 51, was arrested Sunday after neighbors reported her to police when she was seen wheeling a trash can containing human remains. Wiggins is a past boyfriend of Montenegro's.
Ontario Police arrested two children of Montenegro's, Riverside residents Daniel Ortiz, 25, and Chanel Ortiz, 26, as accessories in the murder of Wiggins. They were arrested during a traffic stop by Ontario officers Wednesday and booked as accessories to murder.
The investigation remained ongoing Wednesday night.
Anyone with information related to the case should contact the Ontario Police Dept. at (909) 395-2752.
body found, san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Echo Park apartment fire kills 2, injures 2
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days
- Mandela interpreter cites hallucinations
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wal-Mart ban stemmed from alleged threat
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace'
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate