You've Got To See This!
Miami paper congratulates wrong team for NBA championship
MIAMI (KABC) -- A major Miami newspaper printed a Macy's advertisement that congratulated the Miami Heat for winning the NBA championship.
There's one problem. The Heat didn't win. The Dallas Mavericks won the championship.
The Macy's ad in the Miami Herald read, "Congratulations Miami" next to pictures of Heat championship T-shirts and hats for sale. One T-shirt read "Heat 2011 NBA Finals Champions" and the ad showed the Heat's logo on a hat with the words "NBA Champions."
Locals did not find the ad amusing.
"That's a bone-headed move and just kind of rubbing it in our face," said one Miami resident.
The Miami Herald issued a correction and apologized. A Macy's spokeswoman says it's an unfortunate error and also apologized to Heat fans.
The Mavericks beat the Heat 105-95 in game six of the NBA finals on Sunday in Miami.
The Associated Press contributed to this story
dallas mavericks, miami heat, you've got to see this!
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- New flu vaccine made from tobacco plant in works
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Leonardo DiCaprio space trip nabs $1.5 mill
- Disneyland holding Monstrous 'All-Nighter'
3 min ago