You've Got To See This!
Miami paper congratulates wrong team for NBA championship
MIAMI (KABC) -- A major Miami newspaper printed a Macy's advertisement that congratulated the Miami Heat for winning the NBA championship.
There's one problem. The Heat didn't win. The Dallas Mavericks won the championship.
The Macy's ad in the Miami Herald read, "Congratulations Miami" next to pictures of Heat championship T-shirts and hats for sale. One T-shirt read "Heat 2011 NBA Finals Champions" and the ad showed the Heat's logo on a hat with the words "NBA Champions."
Locals did not find the ad amusing.
"That's a bone-headed move and just kind of rubbing it in our face," said one Miami resident.
The Miami Herald issued a correction and apologized. A Macy's spokeswoman says it's an unfortunate error and also apologized to Heat fans.
The Mavericks beat the Heat 105-95 in game six of the NBA finals on Sunday in Miami.
The Associated Press contributed to this story
dallas mavericks, miami heat, you've got to see this!
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student 46 min ago
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)