You've Got To See This!
Miami paper congratulates wrong team for NBA championship
MIAMI (KABC) -- A major Miami newspaper printed a Macy's advertisement that congratulated the Miami Heat for winning the NBA championship.
There's one problem. The Heat didn't win. The Dallas Mavericks won the championship.
The Macy's ad in the Miami Herald read, "Congratulations Miami" next to pictures of Heat championship T-shirts and hats for sale. One T-shirt read "Heat 2011 NBA Finals Champions" and the ad showed the Heat's logo on a hat with the words "NBA Champions."
Locals did not find the ad amusing.
"That's a bone-headed move and just kind of rubbing it in our face," said one Miami resident.
The Miami Herald issued a correction and apologized. A Macy's spokeswoman says it's an unfortunate error and also apologized to Heat fans.
The Mavericks beat the Heat 105-95 in game six of the NBA finals on Sunday in Miami.
The Associated Press contributed to this story
dallas mavericks, miami heat, you've got to see this!
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought 8 min ago
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts 24 min ago
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones 21 min ago
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD 38 min ago
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
29 min ago