Inland Empire News
Rodney King arrested in Moreno Valley for DUI
MORENO VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- Rodney King was arrested in Moreno Valley on Tuesday afternoon on suspicion of driving under the influence.
According to a Riverside County Sheriff's Department spokesman, King's 1994 Mitsubishi was stopped near the intersection of Frederick and Brabham streets, adjacent to the Moreno Valley Mall, after committing multiple traffic violations.
King was given a sobriety test and was taken to the Moreno Valley sheriff's station on suspicion of DUI. After an evaluation, he was arrested and booked into the Robert Presley Detention Center in Riverside.
King is known for being beaten by Los Angeles Police Department officers during a 1991 DUI traffic stop that eventually led to the 1992 Los Angeles riots.
dui, riverside county, inland empire news
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Wildfire breaks out north of Moreno Valley 52 min ago
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- Man killed when Amtrak train collides with car
- AZ sheriff's office profiles Latinos - judge
- Communications satellite launched into space
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert