Inland Empire News
Rodney King arrested in Moreno Valley for DUI
MORENO VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- Rodney King was arrested in Moreno Valley on Tuesday afternoon on suspicion of driving under the influence.
According to a Riverside County Sheriff's Department spokesman, King's 1994 Mitsubishi was stopped near the intersection of Frederick and Brabham streets, adjacent to the Moreno Valley Mall, after committing multiple traffic violations.
King was given a sobriety test and was taken to the Moreno Valley sheriff's station on suspicion of DUI. After an evaluation, he was arrested and booked into the Robert Presley Detention Center in Riverside.
King is known for being beaten by Los Angeles Police Department officers during a 1991 DUI traffic stop that eventually led to the 1992 Los Angeles riots.
dui, riverside county, inland empire news
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption 1 min ago
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case 23 min ago
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced 28 min ago
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break