Inland Empire News
Rodney King arrested in Moreno Valley for DUI
MORENO VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- Rodney King was arrested in Moreno Valley on Tuesday afternoon on suspicion of driving under the influence.
According to a Riverside County Sheriff's Department spokesman, King's 1994 Mitsubishi was stopped near the intersection of Frederick and Brabham streets, adjacent to the Moreno Valley Mall, after committing multiple traffic violations.
King was given a sobriety test and was taken to the Moreno Valley sheriff's station on suspicion of DUI. After an evaluation, he was arrested and booked into the Robert Presley Detention Center in Riverside.
King is known for being beaten by Los Angeles Police Department officers during a 1991 DUI traffic stop that eventually led to the 1992 Los Angeles riots.
dui, riverside county, inland empire news
- Charges announced against sheriff's officials 28 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching
- Pomona gang member arrested for murder 33 min ago
- Man arrested for Ventura transient's murder
- 1 dead, 1 hurt in unrelated Pomona shootings
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Nelson Mandela memorial to see world leaders
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge 21 min ago
- Leighton Meester to make Broadway debut
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke