Hate crimes against Hispanics up in Calif.
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The number of hate crimes against Hispanics in California has nearly doubled, according to the state attorney general.
There were 119 recorded hate crimes against Hispanics in 2010, compared to 81 just a year earlier.
That amounts to a 47-percent increase.
While anti-Hispanic hate crimes were up, the overall number of hate crimes in California stayed about the same year-to-year.
hate crime, california news
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected 28 min ago
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family 56 min ago
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
45 min ago