Hate crimes against Hispanics up in Calif.
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The number of hate crimes against Hispanics in California has nearly doubled, according to the state attorney general.
There were 119 recorded hate crimes against Hispanics in 2010, compared to 81 just a year earlier.
That amounts to a 47-percent increase.
While anti-Hispanic hate crimes were up, the overall number of hate crimes in California stayed about the same year-to-year.
hate crime, california news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58 13 min ago
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy near Torrance
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store 46 min ago
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Ohio couple married 70 yrs die 15 hours apart
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour