Hate crimes against Hispanics up in Calif.
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The number of hate crimes against Hispanics in California has nearly doubled, according to the state attorney general.
There were 119 recorded hate crimes against Hispanics in 2010, compared to 81 just a year earlier.
That amounts to a 47-percent increase.
While anti-Hispanic hate crimes were up, the overall number of hate crimes in California stayed about the same year-to-year.
hate crime, california news
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal 31 min ago
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- New flu vaccine made from tobacco plant in works
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Leonardo DiCaprio space trip nabs $1.5 mill