2 killed in Camp Pendleton helicopter crash
CAMP PENDLETON, SAN DIEGO COUNTY (KABC) -- Two people were killed in a helicopter crash at Camp Pendleton Monday, base officials announced.
An AH-1W Cobra helicopter, part of the 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing, suffered a mishap in a training area at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar at about 1 p.m. Two personnel were onboard, according to the base's public affairs office.
The helicopter went down in a training area in the southeast corner of Camp Pendleton, near Fallbrook, according to the public affairs office.
Camp Pendleton emergency responders were on scene.
The incident was under investigation.
About 2 acres of brush were burned by a fire caused by the crash. Camp Pendleton firefighters were on scene containing the fire.
plane crash, california news
- Oklahoma tornado: Recovery effort under way 18 min ago
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day 46 min ago
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts w/ 2 girls
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- UC hospital workers strike over understaffing 18 min ago
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- abcnews: Apple CEO defends offshore tax policy
- Experts warn about testosterone supplements
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10
- Pet of the week: 2-month-old Chihuahua-mix
6 min ago