Ariz. has its version of Running of the Bulls
CAVE CREEK, Ariz. (KABC) -- Some entrepreneurs in Cave Creek, Ariz., just north of Phoenix, have recreated Spain's famous Running of the Bulls in the southwest desert.
For $25, you can have the run of your life in front of a 1,500-pound bull.
Cave Creek's fourth annual run was held this weekend. The event organizer said there may be more to come.
Organizers said their version of the Running of the Bulls is safer than the one in Pamplona because their bulls are rodeo performers whose horns are blunted.
Runners are also allowed to preview the course so they can find easy escape routes.
amazing video, animal news, bizarre news
- Burglary suspects sexually assault woman
- Sex offender arrested for sex with minor
- Boy brings loaded gun to Garden Grove school
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- Man tries to lure Culver City girl into car
- TSA responds to case on disabled LAX passenger
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- South Korea ferry death toll reaches 156
- abcnews: McCann probers focus on child sex attacker
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- Jay Z, Beyonce Rose Bowl concert approved
- OTRC: Jodie Foster weds partner Alexandra Hedison