Ariz. has its version of Running of the Bulls
CAVE CREEK, Ariz. (KABC) -- Some entrepreneurs in Cave Creek, Ariz., just north of Phoenix, have recreated Spain's famous Running of the Bulls in the southwest desert.
For $25, you can have the run of your life in front of a 1,500-pound bull.
Cave Creek's fourth annual run was held this weekend. The event organizer said there may be more to come.
Organizers said their version of the Running of the Bulls is safer than the one in Pamplona because their bulls are rodeo performers whose horns are blunted.
Runners are also allowed to preview the course so they can find easy escape routes.
amazing video, animal news, bizarre news
- Tornado hits Oklahoma City suburbs; 51 dead 30 min ago
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Elephant meat, dead primate seized at LAX
- Laguna Beach sex assault suspect surrenders
- Fire near Frazier Park 90 percent contained
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- 2 killed in Turkey hot air balloon crash
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74 16 min ago
- OTRC: Seth MacFarlane 'unable' to host Oscars again
- Ex-'DWTS' contestants predict new winner
21 min ago
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
26 min ago