Los Angeles News
Subway-to-Sea route to track beneath Beverly Hills High School?
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- A team of engineering and seismic experts says the safest route for the Westside subway extension is under Beverly Hills High School.
The current proposed subway route is problematic because, experts say, Santa Monica Boulevard is riddled with earthquake faults.
Under the alternate proposal, trains would pass about 70 feet under one building on the Beverly Hills High School campus before the rails curve into Constellation Boulevard, where a station is planned at Avenue of the Stars.
Experts say the subway would cause little to no impact on campus buildings.
The Metropolitan Transportation Authority has approved the route.
westside, los angeles news
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins 33 min ago
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- Bear roams around Shadow Hills neighborhood 10 min ago
- LA city attorney race: Mike Feuer wins
- Ron Galperin wins LA city controller race
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10