Los Angeles News
Subway-to-Sea route to track beneath Beverly Hills High School?
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- A team of engineering and seismic experts says the safest route for the Westside subway extension is under Beverly Hills High School.
The current proposed subway route is problematic because, experts say, Santa Monica Boulevard is riddled with earthquake faults.
Under the alternate proposal, trains would pass about 70 feet under one building on the Beverly Hills High School campus before the rails curve into Constellation Boulevard, where a station is planned at Avenue of the Stars.
Experts say the subway would cause little to no impact on campus buildings.
The Metropolitan Transportation Authority has approved the route.
westside, los angeles news
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained 13 min ago
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart 42 min ago
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)