Los Angeles News
Loaded gun falls out of checked bag at LAX
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- TSA agents found a loaded gun in a checked bag at LAX after it fell out of the bag while being loaded onto an airliner.
The weapon was reported by a baggage handler after it fell out on Sunday morning. Officials say they screened the bag, but only for explosives.
Airport police say the owner failed to properly declare and package the gun. It's legal to carry an unloaded firearm in checked luggage as long as the airline is notified.
The passenger was later allowed to fly without further incident, but the gun was turned in to police.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
los angeles international airport, tsa, los angeles news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- Southern California heat expected to die down 58 min ago
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- 2 Chile earthquakes shake Pacific shoreline
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians