Los Angeles News
Loaded gun falls out of checked bag at LAX
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- TSA agents found a loaded gun in a checked bag at LAX after it fell out of the bag while being loaded onto an airliner.
The weapon was reported by a baggage handler after it fell out on Sunday morning. Officials say they screened the bag, but only for explosives.
Airport police say the owner failed to properly declare and package the gun. It's legal to carry an unloaded firearm in checked luggage as long as the airline is notified.
The passenger was later allowed to fly without further incident, but the gun was turned in to police.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
los angeles international airport, tsa, los angeles news
- Echo Park apartment fire kills 2, injures 2
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days
- Mandela interpreter cites hallucinations
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- Arleta deadly road rage suspect identified 35 min ago
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested 37 min ago
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- Wal-Mart ban stemmed from alleged threat
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace'
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate