Los Angeles News
Obama gets mouthful of baby fingers during Christmas visit
HONOLULU (KABC) -- President Barack Obama spent part of Christmas with members of our armed services. The first couple paid a visit to Marines, Navy sailors and their families.
The president got a mouthful of little fingers thanks to 8-month old Cooper Wagner when he visited the Marine Corps Base Hawaii. Obama laughed off the incident and said he thinks the baby liked his "big nose."
Earlier that day, the first family attended church services at the base chapel.
The president also called service members stationed around the world Christmas Eve to thank them for their service.
The first family is spending their holiday vacation in Hawaii. They woke up early Sunday to open gifts, the White House said, then had breakfast and sang Christmas carols at the multimillion-dollar house they rent in Kailua Beach, near Honolulu.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
president barack obama, los angeles news
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting 19 min ago
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Wildfire breaks out in north Moreno Valley 7 min ago
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- Man killed when Amtrak train collides with car
- AZ sheriff's office profiles Latinos - judge
- Communications satellite launched into space
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert