Los Angeles News
Obama gets mouthful of baby fingers during Christmas visit
HONOLULU (KABC) -- President Barack Obama spent part of Christmas with members of our armed services. The first couple paid a visit to Marines, Navy sailors and their families.
The president got a mouthful of little fingers thanks to 8-month old Cooper Wagner when he visited the Marine Corps Base Hawaii. Obama laughed off the incident and said he thinks the baby liked his "big nose."
Earlier that day, the first family attended church services at the base chapel.
The president also called service members stationed around the world Christmas Eve to thank them for their service.
The first family is spending their holiday vacation in Hawaii. They woke up early Sunday to open gifts, the White House said, then had breakfast and sang Christmas carols at the multimillion-dollar house they rent in Kailua Beach, near Honolulu.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
president barack obama, los angeles news
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate 53 min ago
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park 32 min ago
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out 49 min ago
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report