Los Angeles News
Obama gets mouthful of baby fingers during Christmas visit
HONOLULU (KABC) -- President Barack Obama spent part of Christmas with members of our armed services. The first couple paid a visit to Marines, Navy sailors and their families.
The president got a mouthful of little fingers thanks to 8-month old Cooper Wagner when he visited the Marine Corps Base Hawaii. Obama laughed off the incident and said he thinks the baby liked his "big nose."
Earlier that day, the first family attended church services at the base chapel.
The president also called service members stationed around the world Christmas Eve to thank them for their service.
The first family is spending their holiday vacation in Hawaii. They woke up early Sunday to open gifts, the White House said, then had breakfast and sang Christmas carols at the multimillion-dollar house they rent in Kailua Beach, near Honolulu.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
president barack obama, los angeles news
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'