Orange County News
2 adults killed, 3 girls hurt in OC car crash
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Two adults were killed and three girls with them were injured when the car they were riding in crashed on a trip to church Sunday.
One of the adults, a passenger, was the mother of the three girls. The other adult was a male friend who was driving the car. Police say the driver was speeding when he tried to avoid a car waiting to make a turn.
The accident happened just after 7 p.m. at 5th and English streets in Santa Ana. Responding officers found an upside-down car in the front yard of a residence at 2026 W. 5th St.
One of the girls was a 2 year old. The other two girls were 6 and 10 years old. The severity of their injuries was not immediately known.
Their mother was declared dead at the scene.
The cause of the accident was under investigation.
The crash also damaged a power pole, causing lines to be downed and a power outage in the area that was affecting about 1,500 customers.
Southern California Edison said they were waiting for the coroner to arrive in order to restore power.
It was earlier reported that the mother died at a hospital, but police say she was declared dead at the scene.
car crash, orange county news
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51 8 min ago
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest
- East LA chase reaches speeds close to 120 mph 31 min ago
- Fugitive child-abuse couple seen in Maywood
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty
- FBI busts international sports gambling ring 58 min ago
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs
- Michael Jackson chef describes confrontation
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)