Orange County News
2 adults killed, 3 girls hurt in OC car crash
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Two adults were killed and three girls with them were injured when the car they were riding in crashed on a trip to church Sunday.
One of the adults, a passenger, was the mother of the three girls. The other adult was a male friend who was driving the car. Police say the driver was speeding when he tried to avoid a car waiting to make a turn.
The accident happened just after 7 p.m. at 5th and English streets in Santa Ana. Responding officers found an upside-down car in the front yard of a residence at 2026 W. 5th St.
One of the girls was a 2 year old. The other two girls were 6 and 10 years old. The severity of their injuries was not immediately known.
Their mother was declared dead at the scene.
The cause of the accident was under investigation.
The crash also damaged a power pole, causing lines to be downed and a power outage in the area that was affecting about 1,500 customers.
Southern California Edison said they were waiting for the coroner to arrive in order to restore power.
It was earlier reported that the mother died at a hospital, but police say she was declared dead at the scene.
car crash, orange county news
- Reseda shooting injures 2 on Canby Avenue 8 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE 46 min ago
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs 15 min ago
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)