Los Angeles News
CSU board begins 2-day meeting in Long Beach
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- The Cal State University Board of Trustees begins a two-day meeting Tuesday morning in Long Beach.
Protests at similar meetings included a violent clash between demonstrators and police last November when board members voted to increase university fees.
Topics on Tuesday agenda include: compensation for the interim presidents of Cal State Northridge and Cal State Fullerton, budget proposals and a graduation initiative.
The board is set to meet at 9 a.m.
education, budget, los angeles news
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke