LA man allegedly smoked pot on JetBlue flight
NEWARK, N.J. (KABC) -- A Los Angeles man faces drug charges after he allegedly smoked pot on a JetBlue flight to New Jersey on Monday.
Authorities said 43-year-old Adam Blumenkranz dropped a bag on the plane that the flight attendant believed to be marijuana. She handed it back to him and planned to speak to authorities after landing.
During the flight, Blumenkranz went to the bathroom, and when he emerged, there was a strong smell of marijuana, according to the crew.
Airport police say Blumenkranz claimed it was for medicinal purposes.
Blumenkranz has been charged with possession of drugs and drug paraphernalia. He was ordered to appear in court in Elizabeth, New Jersey, by Jan. 27.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
airline, airplane, airport news, medical marijuana, marijuana, national news
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting 58 min ago
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds 33 min ago
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- Ex-Compton deputy fire chief out on bail
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Vin Diesel denies steroids use (Video)