Blue lobster caught by Nova Scotia fisherman
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Nova Scotia man is the proud owner of a very unusual blue lobster.
Bobby Stoddard says he and his crew caught it last month. The bright blue lobster is a very rare find.
The University of Maine Lobster Institute says blue lobsters are a one-in-two-million phenomenon. They get their color because of a genetic variation.
The lobster is cooling its claws in a holding tank until Stoddard can decide what to do with it. He offered it to a nearby ocean research institute, but they didn't want it.
animal news, bizarre news
- Crews search for survivors of Okla. tornado 19 min ago
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day 4 min ago
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- UC hospital workers strike over understaffing
- Former IRS chief knew little about targeting 43 min ago
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- abcnews: Apple CEO defends offshore tax policy
- Heart rate fitness tool helps burn calories 43 min ago
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- OTRC: 2013 Cannes fashion: celebs don white (Poll)
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
13 min ago