Blue lobster caught by Nova Scotia fisherman
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Nova Scotia man is the proud owner of a very unusual blue lobster.
Bobby Stoddard says he and his crew caught it last month. The bright blue lobster is a very rare find.
The University of Maine Lobster Institute says blue lobsters are a one-in-two-million phenomenon. They get their color because of a genetic variation.
The lobster is cooling its claws in a holding tank until Stoddard can decide what to do with it. He offered it to a nearby ocean research institute, but they didn't want it.
animal news, bizarre news
- Burglary suspects sexually assault woman
- Sex offender arrested for sex with minor
- Boy brings loaded gun to Garden Grove school
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- Man tries to lure Culver City girl into car
- TSA responds to case on disabled LAX passenger
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- South Korea ferry death toll reaches 156
- abcnews: McCann probers focus on child sex attacker
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- Jay Z, Beyonce Rose Bowl concert approved
- OTRC: Jodie Foster weds partner Alexandra Hedison