Blue lobster caught by Nova Scotia fisherman
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Nova Scotia man is the proud owner of a very unusual blue lobster.
Bobby Stoddard says he and his crew caught it last month. The bright blue lobster is a very rare find.
The University of Maine Lobster Institute says blue lobsters are a one-in-two-million phenomenon. They get their color because of a genetic variation.
The lobster is cooling its claws in a holding tank until Stoddard can decide what to do with it. He offered it to a nearby ocean research institute, but they didn't want it.
animal news, bizarre news
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Secret Service probing Target security breach 18 min ago
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point 28 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Fundraiser held for Corona football player
29 min ago