Blue lobster caught by Nova Scotia fisherman
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Nova Scotia man is the proud owner of a very unusual blue lobster.
Bobby Stoddard says he and his crew caught it last month. The bright blue lobster is a very rare find.
The University of Maine Lobster Institute says blue lobsters are a one-in-two-million phenomenon. They get their color because of a genetic variation.
The lobster is cooling its claws in a holding tank until Stoddard can decide what to do with it. He offered it to a nearby ocean research institute, but they didn't want it.
animal news, bizarre news
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets 14 min ago
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls 3 min ago
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts