Boy Killed Out Of State Transported to Corona
CORONA -- A 13-year-old boy whose body was found at the same home where police discovered the corpse of his younger brother was killed in Washington state, encased in concrete and transported to Southern California, authorities said.
Officers found the body of 13-year-old Conrad Morales in a small garbage can in a carport last month the day after they discovered the body of his 11-year-old brother, Ricky, inside the home rented by their uncle and aunt.
The uncle, Raul Ricardo Sarinana, 38, was arrested after he called police Dec. 26 and said he may have injured or killed Ricky Morales. He has been charged with murder and the special circumstance of torture, according to the Riverside County Sheriff's Web site.
His wife, Cathy Lynn Sarinana, 29, has been charged with felony child cruelty causing injury or death.
Conrad Morales was reported missing from Washington state on Oct. 8. Corona police investigators flew there two weeks ago to interview witnesses.
No charges have been filed in his death because officials have not decided where to prosecute the crime, police said.
The causes of the brothers' deaths have not been determined, said Corona police Lt. Jerry Rodriguez.
The Sarinanas had been caring for their nephews for at least a year while the boys' mother served time in prison, police said.
The couple's own children, a 2-year-old girl and a 13-month-old boy, were put in protective custody.
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Norwalk homicide investigation underway
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- 2 Chile earthquakes shake Pacific shoreline 26 min ago
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians