ABC's 'Extreme Makeover: Home Edition' to Remodel Officer Ripatti's Home
REDONDO BEACH, October 11, 2006 (KABC) -- Los Angeles police Officer Kristina Ripatti, paralyzed in an on-duty shooting, is having her Redondo Beach home remodeled as part of ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition."
"Kristina, her husband Tim -- also an LAPD officer -- and daughter are Redondo Beach residents," Sgt. Phil Keenan said. "The Ripatti home will undergo an extreme makeover that will take place over a one-week period starting today."
Ripatti was shot and partially paralyzed in June while trying to arrest a robbery suspect, Keenan said.
The home will be "completely redone" to provide wheelchair access, and the work will continue 24 hours a day until the job is completed, Keenan said. For security reasons, the address was not released.
The remodeling began Wednesday morning.
The Ripattis will get to see their made-over home on Oct. 18.
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter