ABC's 'Extreme Makeover: Home Edition' to Remodel Officer Ripatti's Home
REDONDO BEACH, October 11, 2006 (KABC) -- Los Angeles police Officer Kristina Ripatti, paralyzed in an on-duty shooting, is having her Redondo Beach home remodeled as part of ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition."
"Kristina, her husband Tim -- also an LAPD officer -- and daughter are Redondo Beach residents," Sgt. Phil Keenan said. "The Ripatti home will undergo an extreme makeover that will take place over a one-week period starting today."
Ripatti was shot and partially paralyzed in June while trying to arrest a robbery suspect, Keenan said.
The home will be "completely redone" to provide wheelchair access, and the work will continue 24 hours a day until the job is completed, Keenan said. For security reasons, the address was not released.
The remodeling began Wednesday morning.
The Ripattis will get to see their made-over home on Oct. 18.
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident 37 min ago
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- Jenny McCarthy engaged to Donnie Wahlberg 42 min ago
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break
- Highway dedicated to detective Jeremiah...
33 min ago
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
5 min ago