Calif. public schools top national rankings
A national ranking of high schools was just released, and California public schools dominated the list.
Thirteen high schools in the Southland ranked in the top 100. Oxford Academy in Cypress ranks number four in the nation.
Other schools in the top 100 hail from Carson, Inglewood, Irvine and La Canada. In all, 23 California schools made the list, with New York and Massachusetts taking a large chunk of the rest.
The ranking was done by U.S. News and World Report. They consider test scores along with economic diversity and the performance of minority students.
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 44 min ago
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought 7 min ago
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- Ohio couple married 70 yrs die 15 hours apart
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite in Russia 9 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour