Fatal police shooting closes PCH
WILMINGTON (KABC) -- Police shot and killed a suspect in Wilmington after a pursuit Wednesday.
The male suspect was shot in the chest and body by a police officer.
Click in the Eyewitness News story window above to watch the accompanying video to this story.
All lanes of PCH in Wilmington were closed after the shooting.
A command post was established on Pacific Coast Highway, west of Eubank Ave.
The shooting happened near the intersection of E. Pacific Coast Highway and Eubank Ave. at approximately 3:44 p.m. The police pursuit reportedly began at approximately 3:30 p.m. and ended in Banning Park.
According to LAPD Spokesman Jason Lee, the officer involved was not wounded. A bullet reportedly ricocheted off of a second police officer's bulletproof vest.
A crowd that gathered at the scene of the incident reportedly included members of the deceased suspect's family. One woman identified herself as the suspect's sister. She said the suspect was 26-year-old David Cedillo.
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash 15 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 30 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft 33 min ago
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video