CTA Chinatown crash truck driver dead
The truck driver whose semi smashed into a CTA station in April died.
Sixty-four-year-old Donald Wells of Metamora, Michigan died either late Friday or early Saturday, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's office.
It was not known Saturday evening whether the man's death was a result of the crash, which killed two women and injured 21 people.
Relatives of both women filed wrongful death lawsuits against Wells. Police ticketed Wells for negligent driving.
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Burbank stabbing leaves 2 in serious condition 43 min ago
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park 7 min ago
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio 26 min ago
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report