2 brothers allegedly abduct their 3 sons
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Detectives from the Los Angeles Police Department are asking for the public's assistance in locating three children abducted by their non-custodial fathers.
Authorities say Jean John Silah, 47, picked up his child, Greg Silah, 9, from his ex-wife for a summer vacation visit on June 23, 2008.
Jean John Silah was supposed to return Greg to his mother on July 2, but he failed to do so.
In the past, Silah has threatened to take their son to his home country of Syria.
Jean John's brother, George Silah, 46, also had his sons, Alexander Silah, 12, and Zaven Silah, 8, for a visit at their home in the 7300 block of West 81st St. in Los Angeles. The brothers lived together at this residence.
George Silah was scheduled to take a cruise with his sons on July 5, but never boarded the cruise.
The children's mother has not had any contact with her children since.
Investigators discovered that the brothers have not paid their rent for several months and their residence appears to have been abandoned.
Anyone with any information regarding this case is asked to Pacific Area Detectives at (310) 482-6313. After hours and on the weekends, please call 1-877-LAWFULL.
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die 27 min ago
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker