2 brothers allegedly abduct their 3 sons
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Detectives from the Los Angeles Police Department are asking for the public's assistance in locating three children abducted by their non-custodial fathers.
Authorities say Jean John Silah, 47, picked up his child, Greg Silah, 9, from his ex-wife for a summer vacation visit on June 23, 2008.
Jean John Silah was supposed to return Greg to his mother on July 2, but he failed to do so.
In the past, Silah has threatened to take their son to his home country of Syria.
Jean John's brother, George Silah, 46, also had his sons, Alexander Silah, 12, and Zaven Silah, 8, for a visit at their home in the 7300 block of West 81st St. in Los Angeles. The brothers lived together at this residence.
George Silah was scheduled to take a cruise with his sons on July 5, but never boarded the cruise.
The children's mother has not had any contact with her children since.
Investigators discovered that the brothers have not paid their rent for several months and their residence appears to have been abandoned.
Anyone with any information regarding this case is asked to Pacific Area Detectives at (310) 482-6313. After hours and on the weekends, please call 1-877-LAWFULL.
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Anaheim fire: House had pack rat conditions 36 min ago
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house 55 min ago
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors
- Alison Arngrim speaks about sex abuse
33 min ago