ABC7 On Your Side
Top 7 cheap things to do with kids
Southern California has a lot of quality activities the entire family can enjoy for almost no money at all. Check out the top 7 cheap things to do with kids in the area.
Body Worlds 3, at the California Science Center until September 7, is a science exhibit, first.
"As you look at the specimens, they are beautifully presented, which is a part of what makes it accessible and interesting to people," said Jeff Rudolph, CEO of the California Science Center. "From 3, 4, 5 year olds, on up to senior citizens, love the exhibit. And young kids are as interested as anyone about learning how their bodies work."
"Discount combo, you get the Body World Exhibit plus a screening of one of the IMAX films. It's about $26 for adults, around $18 for children up to 17, so you can really make a whole day of it," said Citysearch Senior Editor Mar Yvette.
Getty Center Museum is always worth a visit.
"Forget cheap, we're talking free here," said Yvette. "The Getty Center as you know, it's one of the most beautiful buildings in all of Los Angeles, and it's absolutely free to the public. All you have to pay is $8 for parking, so who can complain about that?"
The last summer garden concert at the Getty is this weekend.
Celebrate The Aquarium of the Pacific's 10th year anniversary until the end of the month.
"They're having the $10 summer Sundays, so $10 general admission after 5 p.m.," said Yvette. "They're keeping the park open until 10 p.m."
The Griffith Park Observatory has been renovated.
"The exhibit space has now doubled in size," said Yvette. "It's absolutely free to the public, which a lot of people might not know."
The planetarium has also been revamped. Shows are $7 for adults and $3 for kids up to 12 years old.
Rounding out the Citysearch top 7 cheap things to do with the kids are Noah's Ark at the Skirball Cultural Center, the twilight dance series at Santa Monica Pier, and volunteer with Pet Orphans of Southern California.
In Orange County, tour the Mission San Juan Capistrano. In the Inland Empire, check out Castle Park. And in Ventura County, there's the 4th annual Aloha Beach Festival.
- Body Worlds 3 Exhibit
- The Getty Center
- Aquarium of the Pacific
- Griffith Observatory
- Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens
- Skirball Cultural Center
- The Santa Monica Pier
- Pet Orphans of Southern California
- Mission San Juan Capistrano
- Castle Park
- Aloha Beach Festival
It's getting tougher to make ends meet these days, and ABC7 On Your Side is a campaign to help you save money. Watch Eyewitness News for money-saving tips and freebies to help stretch your dollar. Get more money-saving tips from ABC7 On Your Side
abc7 on your side, jane monreal
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video 30 min ago
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects 15 min ago
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building 18 min ago
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book