Boy dies years after Disneyland accident
ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- A boy who was severely injured on a ride at Disneyland eight years ago died Monday.
Zucker was unable to walk or talk after the accident. The family reached a settlement with Disneyland in 2002, but the terms were never disclosed.
Brandon Zucker was 13 years old on Monday when he died.
"He was found unresponsive by his father at their home in Anaheim," said Jim Amormino from the O.C. Sheriff's Dept.
Zucker was taken to St. Joseph Hospital, then transferred to Children's Hospital Orange County, but he was declared dead at 1:15 a.m. Monday.
An autopsy was performed, but authorities say the exact cause of his death has yet to be determined.
Zucker had suffered a variety of medical conditions since the accident, according to Amormino.
"It's become a coroner's case because of that accident, and the age of the victim," he said.
About a year after the accident, Disneyland changed several of its safety procedures, including teaching employees to dial 911 directly if an accident occurs and staffing paramedics in the park.
Disneyland said in a statement, "We are saddened to learn of the passing of Brandon Zucker and our thoughts and prayers are with his family at this difficult time."
Disney is the parent company of ABC7.
MORE LOCAL HEADLINES FROM ORANGE COUNTY
SEND TIP || REPORT TYPO || TWEET @abc7 || WIDGET
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $400 million
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate