Street closures Thu. for Obama visit
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Check here for a full list of road closures while President Obama visits the Los Angeles area.
Edison International Vehicle Electrics plant in Pomona is located at East End Ave. East End Ave will likely be closed from Holt Ave. to State St.
Intermittent delays should be expected in the Downtown Los Angeles area on Thursday, March 19, 2009.
The use of public transportation and carpools is strongly encouraged.
There will be significant delays in the area surrounding the Miguel Contreras Learning Complex at 322 South Lucas Ave.
Street Closures -- Thurs., March 19, 2009, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- All streets South of Beverly Blvd. between Witmer St. and Beaudry St.
- All streets East of Witmer St. between Beverly Blvd and 4th St.
- All streets North of 4th St. between Witmer St. and the 110 Freeway
- All streets West of the 110 Freeway between 4th St. and Beverly Blvd.
After President Obama leaves the town hall event at the Contreras Complex, he will most likely take the 5 Freeway north to the 134 West and exit at either Buena Vista or Hollywood Way in Burbank.
Burbank Police Department will close the following streets between 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.:
- Buena Vista Street between Alameda and Riverside
- Riverside Drive between Keystone and Niagara
- 134 Freeway off-ramp on Buena Vista St and Riverside Drive
After the president leaves Burbank, he will most likely travel by motorcade on the 134 Freeway to the 5 Freeway South, and back to Dodger Stadium, where he will board Marine One and head to Long Beach Airport. There he will board Air Force One and return to Washington, D.C.
MORE LOCAL HEADLINES FROM LOS ANGELES
SEND TIP || REPORT TYPO || TWEET @abc7 || WIDGET
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks