Inland Empire News
Hostage rescued by SWAT team in I.E.
MIRA LOMA, Calif. (KABC) -- A hostage was rescued by a SWAT team out of a home in Mira Loma Monday night.
The shattered windows and dozens of SWAT officers are all part of a Monday night that Mira Loma resident Ron Wenzel won't soon forget
"Never thought I'd ever be standing here talking about this," said Wenzel.
Wenzel lives a few doors down from the house where police say a man was being held hostage before a dramatic rescue that unfolded at about 6:30 p.m.
"Boom. I mean, a big boom. And then all of a sudden, you're hearing inside, ringing in your ear ... boom. You could see the windows literally shattering," said Wenzel.
The LAPD says the victim, an adult male, was kidnapped from Van Nuys on July 29. Detectives learned he was being held in the Mira Loma house.
No shots were fired in the rescue, but a SWAT team deployed what neighbors described as flash-bang grenades.
The victim was rescued and three men inside the house were arrested.
"Whether the victim and the suspects were at this location -- at this residence -- the last four days, I don't know," said an official on the scene.
Police also found a large amount of marijuana, some of which could be seen hanging from the ceiling.
"I thought they were the regular John and Jane Doe living there," said Wenzel. "And then today it just came apart."
The men who were arrested face a number of charges. The victim was not injured as previously reported.
LAPD says the SWAT team mobilized and entered another residence in Ontario in relation to the Mira Loma case. Police say they were searching for more possible suspects. No word on any arrests at that location.
inland empire news
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker 15 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church 10 min ago
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC 28 min ago
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- VC suspicious death investigation underway
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis