Los Angeles News
Home invasion robbery in Diamond Bar
DIAMOND BAR, Calif. (KABC) -- Police searched for a suspect Monday after a home invasion robbery in Diamond Bar.
The robbery at a residence at The Country, an upscale gated community off Grand Avenue, was reported shortly after 3 a.m.
- Video: Resident hurt in home invasion robbery
- More: Most Popular stories, videos and more
- More: Get breaking news alerts
Investigators say a woman and two children were asleep inside the home when the intruder entered one of the bedrooms.
"Our victim woke up with the suspect over her, placing tape over her mouth," said Detective Dan Duran, Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. "A struggle ensued. The suspect was armed, it was not a handgun. During the struggle, the victim's older child was able to call 911."
By the time deputies arrived, the suspect was gone.
There are no details on the woman's condition, but police say she was transported to a local hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
Sheriff's deputies searched the area near Grand Avenue and Diamond Bar Boulevard for the suspect. K-9 units were brought in and are focusing their search on the 200 block of Rusty Spur Road, but the suspect was not located.
Every entrance to the community has a gate with security guards.
Neighbors say they are very concerned about the break-in.
"I am worried about it, actually, anyone can get in there. There's new guards all the time, but anyone could get in," said Nadine.
The homes in the community are all in the $1 million to $1.5 million range.
Investigators are not giving any details about the robberies, except that something was taken and they are trying to figure out what that was.
The robber was allegedly wearing a mask, so detectives don't have a description.
If you have any information, you are asked to call the L.A. County Sheriff's Department at (909) 595-2264.
los angeles news
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins 55 min ago
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 35 min ago
- Coach pleads no contest to molesting girls
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- LAPD crash: Funeral services announced 57 min ago
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book
- Lose weight playing video games, study says
19 min ago