Los Angeles News
Missing Glendora teen found dead
GLENDORA, Calif. (CNS) -- An autopsy was pending Sunday on a 17-year-old Glendora High School senior who apparently shot himself to death on a hiking trail in the foothills near his home.
Friends and family members who organized a search party for Vincent Antonio Giovanazzi found the body about 8 a.m. Saturday off the Colby Trail, north of Loraine Avenue.
A handgun that belonged to a family member was found at the scene, and police said the death appeared to be a suicide.
Vincent was reported missing after disappearing Aug. 27, telling family members he was going to the Glendora library to study.
His uncle, Bill Cooper, told the San Gabriel Valley Tribune that Vincent was "genuinely a nice, good, caring kid.
"We spent a lot of time hiking together and stuff," he said. "I'm going to miss him for the rest of my life."
A cousin spotted the body first. Police said it appeared Vincent had been dead about two weeks.
los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Calif. bill would ban orcas in SeaWorld shows
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will 22 min ago
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere
- 'Ransomware' holds encrypted data for money
30 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
5 min ago