Los Angeles News
Missing Glendora teen found dead
GLENDORA, Calif. (CNS) -- An autopsy was pending Sunday on a 17-year-old Glendora High School senior who apparently shot himself to death on a hiking trail in the foothills near his home.
Friends and family members who organized a search party for Vincent Antonio Giovanazzi found the body about 8 a.m. Saturday off the Colby Trail, north of Loraine Avenue.
A handgun that belonged to a family member was found at the scene, and police said the death appeared to be a suicide.
Vincent was reported missing after disappearing Aug. 27, telling family members he was going to the Glendora library to study.
His uncle, Bill Cooper, told the San Gabriel Valley Tribune that Vincent was "genuinely a nice, good, caring kid.
"We spent a lot of time hiking together and stuff," he said. "I'm going to miss him for the rest of my life."
A cousin spotted the body first. Police said it appeared Vincent had been dead about two weeks.
los angeles news
- London theater partially collapses; 40 hurt 15 min ago
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected 3 min ago
- 21 hospitalized in Riverside County bus crash 11 min ago
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis