Save Money / Consumer News
List of best child booster seats released
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety released its latest child booster seat ratings on Tuesday.
Sixty seats were put to the test, which is nearly all of the models currently sold in the U.S. Out of the 60, only nine earned the "best bet" rating, including Britax Frontier, Clek Oobr, Combi Dakota blackless with clip, Cosco Juvenile Pronto, Eddie Bauer Auto Booster, Evenflo Big Kid Amp backless with clip, Maxi-Cosi Rodi XR, Recaro Vivo and Recaro Young Sport.
Six were rated "good bets" and 11 were "not recommended."
The ratings reflect which boosters were most likely to provide good lap- and shoulder-belt fit in a range of vehicles.
Children who have outgrown their child restraints, but are too small for safety belts, need a booster seat. Remember booster seats are required by law so don't leave home without it.
If you already have one of the boosters on the not recommended list, don't throw it away. According to the Insurance Institute, any booster seat is better than no booster at all. Take a look at the belt fit and if you're not happy with it replace the seat as soon as you can.
save money / consumer news, ric romero
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants