Orange County News
Woman found stabbed to death in Orange home
ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman was stabbed to death in her home, and her husband, a retired cop, says he found the body.
Police say the body of 48-year-old Cheryl Rose Wynn was found by her husband at their home on the 1200 block of Palo Loma Place. Police responded to a report of a woman being stabbed at about 6:30 p.m. Sunday. Police swarmed the quiet neighborhood in search of the killer.
"He said something happened over here, wouldn't tell us what, I had no idea. I didn't know if someone is lurking in the back yard. They just wouldn't say anything," said Mel Goehring, a neighboring resident who lives a few houses away from the murder scene.
Goehring he says he was home Sunday night, but didn't hear anything out of the ordinary.
"I didn't hear any shouting. I didn't see any cars or shouting or traffic," said Goehring.
Police say there were no signs of forced entry at the home, but they say it's possible that Wynn may have interrupted a burglary.
"Shocked and sad and kind of scared a little bit too," said Linda Hartman, a neighbor who lives in the house behind the victim's home.
Hartman said Cheryl Wynn and her husband have lived in the neighborhood for more than 12 years.
"One minute, I think that she's there, and I remember seeing her like waving bye, and now I think, 'Oh, she's not here,'" said Hartman. "It's just kind of sad."
Even neighbors who did not know the victim personally say they are left shaken by the murder.
"My wife and I have lived in this neighborhood for 30 years, and I can't recall anything like this ever happening. It's been a very quiet neighborhood and we don't even have police watch," said another neighbor, Nick Terpstra.
At the victim's home Monday night, a woman was seen entering the house. Eyewitness News spoke to someone inside by telephone who said the family was not ready to make any comments.
Neighbors say that the victim's husband was a former police officer at an Orange County agency. As for the police in the city of Orange, they do not have any leads or suspects as of Monday night.
murder, orange county news, robert holguin
- 4 hospitalized in Fullerton bar stabbing 17 min ago
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres 6 min ago
- Gorman brush fire near full containment
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- abcnews: US travel warnings from other countries 29 min ago
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report
- Crime Stoppers director swallows evidence
35 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
32 min ago